Tuesday, November 9, 2010

After the reign of King Henry VII

King Henry VII lived an outstanding campaign along with his wife. Elizabeth of York. Sadly, a year after the death of Arthur(1503), Elizabeth also dies on February 11. She lies buried at Westminster Abbey in the Lady Chapel. Lonely Henry VII lives for another six years but does not marry again. He dies on April 21, 1509. From that day, his only son left, Henry becomes King Henry VIII. Only two of the three children grew up to become monarchs, Henry and Mary Tudor

Resting place of Elizabeth of York
and King Henry VII

1 comment:

  1. I can see that you are a man of high stature, yet you have faced many tragedies within your life. Especially the death of your son, Arthur. It's depressing how you shut yourself from other women, and it is still great that you had two heirs to the throne who survived. As I see from the picture, the grandeur of the place where you were buried must have cost much gold and silver. It is interesting to read of your life. I wish I can show you my masterpieces of music.

    Sincerely,
    Guillaume Dufay

    ReplyDelete